Murray Russell Architects
In 1888, Murray’s grandfather, John A Russell, established his building company in Glasgow.
His son William expanded the business into housebuilding when he bought the 84-acre Gartconnell Estate in Bearsden in 1934. John A Russell Limited built more than 1,000 houses in Bearsden and Milngavie.
The quality of the design and workmanship of these houses is still recognised by the market when they are advertised as being ‘Russell Built’.
Murray’s background in building has informed his approach to design. He understands the importance of durable materials, craftsmanship and collaboration as the simplest route to delivering quality design and high standards of finish.
We believe that building designed for ‘long life, loose fit’ will stand the test of time.